Leaf is my identity, looks fragile, simple, but necessary, and it's green as it's alive, only lonely, as it's alone in the jungle of life.
Yes, the existence of leaf is not limited merely by space and time, but simply comes and goes following the cycle of life.

That's how the stories here are narrated, as it was witnessed by the lonely green leaf.

Just remember, life is not really alive when you cannot use and express your own imagination freely.
But if that's happen, just read the leaf imagination narrated here, and dream of it.

Sunday, August 26, 2012

Road goes ever on, and on

Four days ago, in one of the beautiful summer day, I walked through the mall of my university. Wait, what I called mall here is not a shopping mall, remember, but kinds of open grassy space with many walkways crossing around. For me, the mall is really a space to breathe and pondering whatever you have in your mind. I love this mall, with the pattern of the paths, and trees surrounding, I often visit this place. The mall’s path goes to almost all directions; in some point intersect with other paths or joint larger walkways in both sides.
The paths on the mall



In the middle of the mall, there is a pond with several levels of water falls.The falling water ripples the pond surface, gives beautiful pattern of sunlight and clouds reflection. The pond is a center of the mall; so many paths are concentrated around both east and west edges of the pond, some benches are provided as resting points. Sometimes, I sit on the edge of the pond, read a book or write something, and soak my feet, feel the cold water touching my skin and all my tiredness will be vanish; but not for today.

Sparkling reflection pond in the middle of the mall

I arrived at the mall from the north outer sidewalk. This sidewalk shadowed by rows of trees in both sides. The trees are so shady and provide comfort to everybody who walks over the walkway. Squirrels were jumping around the tree branches and tree trunk, some of them were wandering on the grass, not afraid of pedestrian who walks around. One of those squirrels gets closer to me, stops, stands-up and stares at me such as welcoming my arrival. But I was bit scare if that squirrel will jump on me, so I just turned into stone for minutes. Other pedestrian came from behind, convinced me that the animal will not bite and just trying to be friendly. I sneaked behind that kindly pedestrian, hide from that “friendly” squirrel, try not to confront him. The squirrel still stares at me for a while, makes some noises. kinds of complaining, turns around and then climbs the tree close by. Well, little fellow, sorry if I can't be a friend of you, it doesn't mean that I do not love you, right?

Shady walkway on the south part of the mall

I then came to shallow stairs, walked down through some steps and entered one of the mall’s paths. I walked through the path that goes crossing the open grass field toward the sparkling pond. I can feel the spirit of freedom and confidence when passing this mall, and I really enjoyed it. This path crossed two other paths around the pond before gradually climbing up to joint bigger shady walkway in the south side of the mall. While walking through the mall’s path, I recalled the journey song “road goes ever on” originally from the Hobbit book “There and Back again”, but also sang by Bilbo Baggins on “The Lord of the Ring” (my favorite book and movie), when he left Shire to Rivendell.

The road goes ever on and on
Down from the door where it began
Now far ahead the road has gone,
And I must follow, if I can
Pursuing it with eager feet,
Until it joins some larger ways
Where many paths and errands meet
And whither then? I cannot say …………

Well, I love that lyric so much because it is obviously true, everybody must take their own path, walks through it, comes across somebody else path, in some point may find companion to walk along, goes into intersection and separates when find out a different errand, meet other paths and get other companion, or just continue walk alone. It is part of the journey called “life”, we may encounter some danger or difficulties along the path, get some helps or support from others, or have to help ourselves. We may also be enchanted with beauty along the path, and don't want to miss it. But, well, it doesn’t really matter, road goes ever on and on, no matter what circumstances you face; happiness and sadness are just part of it; you may have a favorite or horrible path along the journey. Yet, do not ever regret it; looking back, you know that there were days, on your path, when you felt very contented, peaceful and all things were beautiful. If so, just cling on to that memory, and smile. Some things were better left unsaid and placed in one single piece of memory to reminisce. Then, move on. The road still goes on, and on. Well, less risk is merely stop and settled somewhere along the path, drown on beautiful enchanted days till bored. In fact, it may not be a choice; walk until my weary feet no more able to walk may be my best choice, because you (and I) never know where and when the journey will be ended.

Enrich your own life, my friend, flavor and enjoy every step you have on your path. Our paths, may or may not, meet again someday, but the memory along the road is always there to remember.





1 comment: