Leaf is my identity, looks fragile, simple, but necessary, and it's green as it's alive, only lonely, as it's alone in the jungle of life.
Yes, the existence of leaf is not limited merely by space and time, but simply comes and goes following the cycle of life.

That's how the stories here are narrated, as it was witnessed by the lonely green leaf.

Just remember, life is not really alive when you cannot use and express your own imagination freely.
But if that's happen, just read the leaf imagination narrated here, and dream of it.

Sunday, December 30, 2012

The guy who never runs out of arrows

mae govannen .... mellon nin'

I believe everybody must immediately understand whom I'm talking about. Yep, he is the prince of Mirkwood: our Legolas. True, in the Lord of The Ring books, he is not as cool as in the movie; he even should not appear in The Hobbit movie. But who cares? Peter Jackson, I do love your imagination!


The left is Legolas portrayed by Orlando Bloom in The Hobbit (can't wait to see, for sure!!). I know, he isn't suppose to be in that movie, but I don't care! The right is my sketch of him, just in the back side of my print out itinerary.

Hey, I couldn't find my sketchbook, while my passion of taking a sketch of him (from the first photo of The Hobbit movie) cannot wait! Sadly, he only appears in the 2nd and 3rd Hobbit movie. I bet, Peter Jackson will make him appears at woodland of Mirkwood, Halls of Thranduil, and on the Battle of Five Armies. Hopelessly, I expect to see him in the 1st movie too, at least at Rivendell (together with Elrond and Lady Galadriel), but it must be too much drama, right? So, it's okay he wasn't there. Just remember him in the lord of the ring-LOTR (see pic).

Orlando Bloom as Legolas in LOTR
Well, I used to remember every single thing related to Legolas, but not anymore. There are already many things took over my brain. I only remember the important things such as he is a Sindarin elf who lives with Silvan elves, the woodland elves. He is a son of Thranduil the Elven King of Northern Mirkwood, and a grand son of Oropher of Doriath.

See the below pic, that is my sketch based on my imagination of little Legolas and Thranduil. I made this sketch several years ago when the rumor of making the hobbit movie just started.

Legolas loves the beauty of nature, his name meaning 'Green Leaf' (Proudly, I convey that I took his name as a name of this blog), especially when he is mostly alone with the absent of other elves (except in The Hobbit, I guess). And he is my hero and my prince! (hi hi hi no complaint at all!!). What? It's free for every girl to have their own dream, at least once, okay??!!

Little Legolas and his father, Thranduil
(of course, long before the Hobbit) 
Legolas is clad in green and brown (the color of forests, and by the way, uhm .. I'm a forester! what coincidence, hi hi hi). He has a keen eyesight (wow!), unrivaled archery (more wow!), lightness of foot (cool!), and an elf prince (slurp!!).

Though as a Sindar or Sindarin elf, he isn't as great as the Vanyar and Noldor princes who once live in Valinor (but who cares?). As for the elves of the twilight, Sindar (or the forsaken Teleri) is the nobler elves in Middle Earth (besides the Noldor-in exile, of course).

Hey, I don’t think Peter Jackson willing to make The Silmarillion movie?. That will be too much tears, and it's better to keep the story of elves kingdoms and all of their great life, great battles and sorrow only in our imaginative world.

The only thing that I don’t really enjoy is that Legolas has golden hair and blue eyes, as he isn't a Noldor (who mostly has dark hair), but (again) who cares? True, sometimes I think how if Legolas has dark hair and dark eye just like Orlando Bloom? (will be cool, but it doesn't match with the book anyway).

When I lived in South Dakota that having thick snow in most of the winter, I used to joke with my friends, saying that Legolas was walking around my apartment the night before, watch over me, but we can’t see his footprint on the snow due to his lightness foot (see pic below).

Legolas footprint on snow
My professor also loves Legolas, we can talk about him for a while. It’s kind of cool when you have a professor who can understand your imaginative world.

Anyhow Legolas is truly a great character (regardless Orlando Bloom is so cute as him in LOTR, particularly of his eyes), he is a tough fighter either long-distance with his excellent archery skill or short-distance with his double long knives skill (yummy!!). And remember, he never runs out of arrows (applause). He was kind, a light-hearted, care of others, a good companion, a remarkable member of the nine walkers as well as the three hunters, and the only elf who befriend with a dwarf. He even takes Gimly the dwarf with him to Valinor, after the death of Elessar (Aragorn).

That's actually what Galadriel say when reminding Legolas to stay away from the sea. It was not a warning of his death (literally), but about his willing to leave Middle Earth to Valinor (or Heaven). At last, he does sail, after haunted by the cries of sea gull for so long, and after the death of Estel-the Elvish name of the King of Gondor, his dearest friend).

Legolas Greenleaf 
long under the tree,
In joy thou hast lived, 
Beware the Sea!
If thou hearest the cry of the gull on the shore,
Thy heart shall then rest in the forest no more

Anyway, this is my favorite necklace, with the leaves (for sure). Though isn't green and isn't a single leaf, (but who cares?) I love it!!

Legolas, i’ edhel taren 
lle ier i' olos, ar sii’ coiasira ten' nin',
nan’ im ilyamenie meleth lle .........

2 comments:

  1. hahaha .. at last!!!
    confession of a green leaf wannabe.
    attagirl!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG this is so amazing!!!!!!! Legolas is my FAVORITE character from LOTR. He is awesome!!!!! He is great at the bow and arrows and he has so much quiet power. Legolas is amazing!!!! <3 This is a really good biography!!!!

    ReplyDelete