Leaf is my identity, looks fragile, simple, but necessary, and it's green as it's alive, only lonely, as it's alone in the jungle of life.
Yes, the existence of leaf is not limited merely by space and time, but simply comes and goes following the cycle of life.

That's how the stories here are narrated, as it was witnessed by the lonely green leaf.

Just remember, life is not really alive when you cannot use and express your own imagination freely.
But if that's happen, just read the leaf imagination narrated here, and dream of it.

Tuesday, December 25, 2012

How if emptiness is an epidemic?

I love very much taking a picture of an empty bench, don'no why, but I just love it. Maybe be because emptiness represent a loneliness which is the most common feeling everybody doesn't want to admit. Why not admit it?

Hey, don't ask me, ask yourself! Actually the feeling doesn't sound sad, or related to sadness, it just a unique situation where you have to be alone and trust only yourself.

As explained on my previous post, bench should be associated with people. The absent of people give a strong message of emptiness and further, loneliness.

See the picture. I got this pic in front of National Gallery of Art downtown DC. I've been in this spot couple times but it's almost impossible to get a snap shoot of this place without the present of people, but finally I did get it. Cool huh??

The next pic is just few blocks from the first pic was taken. Yeah, it's always lots of people in this spot, but it's empty now, not even with cars on the street. And this is along Pennsylvania Avenue just after crossing the 10th Street NW downtown DC. Do you believe this?

Well, don'no why these pics lead me to remember the voice of Chris Martin sing 'A Message'.

My song is love
Love to the loveless shown
And it goes up
You don't have to be alone
Your heavy heart
Is made of stone
And it's so hard to see you clearly
You don't have to be on your own
You don't have to be on your own


Hum whatever, I am not melancholic, or sad, but Chris Martin is right, you don't have to be on your own (even if you think you are).

OK, let see other place. Not in downtown nor in residential area, an emptiness or loneliness could be anywhere. Next picture is taken along Connecticut Avenue, just after crossing with Tilden Street NW Washington DC. The spot is not far from shopping complex and just next to the park that usually a place for people to gather. But look! Even no homeless sit there.



And I'm not gonna take it back
And I'm not gonna say I don't mean that
You're the target that I'm aiming at
Got to get that message home

Well, not in big city nor in small town, the next bench is also empty. This pic was taken at McCrory Garden Brookings South Dakota, my small town in the middle of nowhere, a place where number of resident is even less than participant at annual meeting of American Geophysical Union at San Francisco. The pic was taken in summer when the weather is good, but nobody was there.

My song is love
My song is love, unknown
But I'm on fire for you, clearly
You don't have to be alone
You don't have to be on your own


Well, you may not pay attention about this everywhere emptiness, but seriously it could happen anywhere, even deep inside your heart.

My song is love, is love unknown
And I've got to get that message home

No comments:

Post a Comment