Leaf is my identity, looks fragile, simple, but necessary, and it's green as it's alive, only lonely, as it's alone in the jungle of life.
Yes, the existence of leaf is not limited merely by space and time, but simply comes and goes following the cycle of life.

That's how the stories here are narrated, as it was witnessed by the lonely green leaf.

Just remember, life is not really alive when you cannot use and express your own imagination freely.
But if that's happen, just read the leaf imagination narrated here, and dream of it.

Monday, December 24, 2012

When The God of Thunder turning into wise

I just watch “Thor”, a superhero movie based on Warvel comics. Thor is PG-13 movie (qualified for all ages including children under the age of 13 with parental guidance), but you won’t believe, I cried when watched that movie! Yes, it's ridiculous, watching a superhero movie but I cried.

Okay, what is so touched in that movie? Evidently, there’s a lesson of humility in the story of Thor, and the movie took a shot of that moment very nicely!!

A feeling of having "the world" in the hand

Yeah, actually I never intend to watch movie of Thor, it’s about a superhero, and I don't really like it. I do like Thor in the myth and comics book, but not in the movie. Coincidentally on the flight from Jakarta to Japan, I saw a scene of Thor (as a mortal man) lying dead killed by the Destroyer, while at that point the screen of the aircraft TV turn into blank (coz we were landed at Narita). So that day ended up with my curiosity.

I never remember the movie anymore, till netflix coincidentally advertise it. In the first 10 minutes, I don’t even want to continue watching, but curiosity push away my boredom. After about an hour of watching meanwhile doing something else (chatting with friends, posting something on my wall, reading, checking email and even cooking), I found something very valuable, a lesson of humility!

A moment of loosing the pride
I was so touched to see how headstrong and proud people (in this case was represented by Thor) can change into a wiser person when confronted with a reality that he/she can’t do anything but accept and swallow the sense of helplessness. I've seen many people (mostly young but not necessarily) like that. They think they can do and solve everything. They are so proud of themselves and truly believe that with the capabilities that they are proud of, they are unbeatable. Thor was there, so was I, maybe once (or maybe twice, or even more), until (just like Thor) life cuts me off and gives me enough lessons of humility. 

See the picture when Thor can't take Mjölnir. I recognize that feeling, a feeling of helplessness. It’s tremendously hard admitting that I was once (or even more) wrong, helplessness and foolish, but even harder forgiving myself to be such person. Hey, if you don’t understand this, it's okay, but maybe you haven’t got enough lessons of humility.

In fact, understanding this kind of lesson isn't transferable. It’s only gifted to some of you who understand how it works, and to some of you who appreciate others as important as her/himself (no matter how good you are). Excessive pride is poisonous, extreme self-confidence is even worse (kind of an addictive poison). We may not as lucky as Thor who has Odin, his father, whom wisely gives him that lesson.

But if it was truly happen to you without preparation, when you were experiencing a feeling what Thor experienced, and your father wasn't Odin the wise. Remember: make a mistake is an ordinary situation, try to understand your mistake, and let patience and time be a cure for fixing it. Take this song as a token.


Another turning point, a fork stuck in the road
Time grabs you by the wrist, directs you where to go
So make the best of this test, and don't ask why
It's not a question, but a lesson learned in time

It's something unpredictable, but in the end it's right
I hope you had the time of your life


Hm ... it's pity that getting this lesson is never been easy.

No comments:

Post a Comment