Leaf is my identity, looks fragile, simple, but necessary, and it's green as it's alive, only lonely, as it's alone in the jungle of life.
Yes, the existence of leaf is not limited merely by space and time, but simply comes and goes following the cycle of life.

That's how the stories here are narrated, as it was witnessed by the lonely green leaf.

Just remember, life is not really alive when you cannot use and express your own imagination freely.
But if that's happen, just read the leaf imagination narrated here, and dream of it.

Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Love of beauty is taste, the creation of beauty is art

That’s a quote of Ralph Waldo Emerson, an essayist and poet from US.

True, something can be beautiful but neglect able as it’s just simple things you don’t even pay attention. But hold on, revealing the beauty from its simplicity is an art, along as an expression of the deep feeling. So, reveal it. And this is what I'm doing.!!

See, I am not a 'photographer' who takes snaps for expressing the deep taste of art or giving passion of talent, but here are some pics I took of simplicity along my paths within the last three months.

at Kebagusan Jakarta Indonesia
I recall one of the beautiful day at the beginning of February when I was with my best friend in Jakarta. We were at her house and having breakfast at the pantry facing the backyard, enjoying the Javanese traditional salad 'pecel', spinach crackers and hot jasmine tea. She told me just found a bird nest with three eggs in the yard. I went to check what she said and was so amazed to see how wonderful the nest is.


It’s a masterpiece! The mother bird folded a leaf and joins its both sides with something like sewing string on the bottom side. So neat how the mother bird did her creation, it made from fragile materials but looks strong, comfortable enough to protect what she loved. She then arranged some straws and litters to bed her eggs safely and here are the blue tiny eggs. So cute huh?!!

Awesome! Yesterday my best friend spoke with me on skype. She told me the eggs have been successfully hatched, and now the three tiny birds, which she said as tiny as our pinkie, were learning how to fly. The tiny amazing creatures never give up to know how to fly, they grabbed the wall, cast down, stand up back, and hardly flew (or actually jump) from one branch to others, again and again. Awww, I wish to witness the amazing moments by my own eyes!

F Street downtown DC US
This following snap was captured by my old-fashion camera at DC downtown. It was early evening two days before Christmas. I walked home from visiting the National Christmas Tree at the Ellipse. That day I was upset as I was stuck in DC (meaning cant go home) on the long holiday and run out of ‘discount’ ticket for Les Misérables at the National Theater on New Year eve. I would have been bought the ticket long before, it was my mistake.

I only swallow my disappointment and spend that wonderful evening around downtown DC. The street light is one of some along F Street. What I was amazed is the snow crystal decoration contrasted to the blue sky background. The neighborhood seems gloomy on that merrier day but enlivened by the dim street light with its snow decoration, a symbol of winter..

Next amazing snap was taken from Philippines. More precisely from Tagatay, one of the tourist destinations in the country, 50km away from Manila the capitol city. That day was almost the end of January and I was so tired after four days meeting on the issue of deforestation and forest degradation. I was there as one of the resource person to give a talk regarding my work. Well, sometimes is okay to be ‘kind of’ serious, though I prefer to be more casual.

at Tagatay Philippine
I and my colleagues came to the highest peak in the city and spend the daylight at that point till the nightfall. I do love silhouette of the grass, so much meaningful, like waving to the yellowish sun at the horizon. My tiredness was gone at that point, replaced by excitement. Yep, I would be at the airport waiting for my flight to Jakarta, when the sun come next morning..

The other snap was just taken yesterday afternoon. It is around the College Park metro station. I drive along the empty street around that neighborhood just to eliminate my deep disappointment.

I stop and park the car along the street just to record the beautiful sense of hope. Yep, I was not happy with my work for the last three days, at least part of it and just realized that I made a mistake and have to redo the analysis (seriously?!). I hate the part of me that made the foolishness, and wanna blame somebody out of myself. But, honestly that is my own mistake, not somebody else’s. I was too busy with traveling and didn't put much attention on my work. So I have to forgive myself and entertain the sense of hope inside me.

at College Park Maryland US
Actually that day is not yet truly spring. We adjusted the daylight saving time only on  Monday at the first week of March. And we even experienced the snow five days ago (though not considered real snow, as compared as what I’ve experienced in Brookings South Dakota).

O well, what I am trying to say here is, the weather is still cold enough but these flowers have been blooming. The tough and lovely creature, seems like send me a message 'not to give up the hope, whatever the obstacle is'.

In general, I've learnt to listen to the surrounding. The beauty before you, always give a promise about something that deserves you to fight for.

Well, now I am thinking of buying a new camera, to capture more beauties and to share the art of expressing the beauty, in the memory of the beholder.

Good night

1 comment:

  1. and they have flown ... i should have had pink floyd singing learning to fly for them :D

    you'll be amazed to see how quickly and persistently they learned. awesome creatures.

    ReplyDelete