Leaf is my identity, looks fragile, simple, but necessary, and it's green as it's alive, only lonely, as it's alone in the jungle of life.
Yes, the existence of leaf is not limited merely by space and time, but simply comes and goes following the cycle of life.

That's how the stories here are narrated, as it was witnessed by the lonely green leaf.

Just remember, life is not really alive when you cannot use and express your own imagination freely.
But if that's happen, just read the leaf imagination narrated here, and dream of it.

Tuesday, October 30, 2012

From the inside (LP)

Now I’m really on vacation, sitting next to the pool on the 2nd floor of the hotel at city center, listening to music and waiting for lunch time (can’t stop thinking of chicken lollipops at café downstairs). Officially I’m off, ‘coz UMCP put weather alerts due to the attack of Frankenstorm ‘Sandy’ in the East Coast. So I am actually a refugee who (luckily) gets nice vacation instead.

That’s good huh? I did nothing for work and feel not guilty for that. I spend a wonderful weekend at Houston and surrounding, and have a good quality time to rest, enjoying myself, not as a suffered student but as a professional with a good life and future (you know what I mean, don’t you?). See the following pics.

The pool in the right terrace facing the plaza in the middle of city center



Three days ago, I arrived from DC and was sitting in George Bush International airport Houston waiting for my best friend arrival from New Orleans. My thought was wandering to several years ago in Yogyakarta, to the cafe where celebration of the 17th birthday of my best friend and me was taken place. I recall that funny moments when we wore pink dresses and give the first piece of Birthday cake to our each fling (Well … teenagers, what do you expect? hahahaha), so embarrassing but it was lots of fun.

My enjoyable lunch with chicken lollipop at cafe downstairs 
Why I told you that? This week, my best friend has a week meeting, here in Houston, and we agreed to spend the week together, to re-celebrate our birthday, in which at a day before and after Halloween. Cool huh? We are best friend since first year of our high school, separated on our college. I stayed in Yogyakarta for studying and she went to Bandung, then I went to Netherlands while she went to Australia for next degree of study. We meet again in Jakarta after years, just two years before I left to US for another degree of studying. We communicate intensively since then.

The plaza in the middle of city center: a place for Merengue dance at Saturday night.
The terrace in the left on the back is the pool where I was sitting this morning

We know to each other quite well, almost having similar thought for many thing, even when we don’t explain our situation to each other. For example, yesterday I took a glass of fresh grape fruit for snacking. In the evening she came from office with a glass of grape fruit too. We laughed to each other. Perhaps it’s due to our similar astrological views. Well, whatever the reason, we are glad to have each other. I can’t imagine how I could survive this far without her support, vice versa. I recall all the (skype) callings between us, just for crying and ask the other side to listen. It’s funny (especially with 11-12 hours’ time differences), but helps a lot.

Place for my breakfast (terrace in left side), and place for enjoyable lunch (tent in the middle)


Today is her Birthday but she has to be at work, and I just want to get rest meanwhile waiting for party time. We plan to go for dinner tonight; yeah it reminds me to make reservation for tonight.

I am honestly tired, so tired of my works that take out so much energy from me, and also tired of life that I face recently. Do you know the feeling of keeping the burden, and have no way out to throw it all away? That’s exactly what I feel recently. Listen to this: Chester sing ‘from the inside’ Live in Texas. I like to listen to this song many times. Lord, this vacation is really a way out for me. I can sleep well at night, eat well, and sit comfortably at any time, now. Thanks for my best friend who allows me to stay around when she was busy with her works. Life is (definitely) good.


My best friend is at work the whole day and does teleconference at night (coz that’s the office hours in Jakarta). I don’t mind what she does, ‘cos I know by heart that she will do all of her best for me, if I need it (and vice versa). We don’t talk much during our busy times; we both are even busier with our own laptop. But, when we have time, we talk a lot, includes sharing the tiredness and anger. That’s how the friendship should be: respect to each other, watch the back of each other, and give a hand to hold on when it’s needed.

I don’t know who to trust,
No surprise
Everyone feels so far away from me
Heavy thoughts sift through dust
And the lies …………

I take everything from the inside
And throw it all away
’Cause I swear .... for the last time
I won’t trust myself with you


Awesome Chester, I do love your voice in this song …………
And thanks sister, for believing me and facilitating me to reflect my own thoughts during my difficult times!

Okay time for napping,
and get ready for dinner ....... hahaha

1 comment: