Leaf is my identity, looks fragile, simple, but necessary, and it's green as it's alive, only lonely, as it's alone in the jungle of life.
Yes, the existence of leaf is not limited merely by space and time, but simply comes and goes following the cycle of life.

That's how the stories here are narrated, as it was witnessed by the lonely green leaf.

Just remember, life is not really alive when you cannot use and express your own imagination freely.
But if that's happen, just read the leaf imagination narrated here, and dream of it.

Sunday, September 23, 2012

O Mio Babbino Caro

Oh my dear father ............. is the actual translation, but what is actually the meaning of this song?



What a wonderful song of Puccini's operas! played in beautiful violin and harp arrangement. I love it. Yes sure, I also like the one that sang by Maria Callas (it reminds me The Godfather movie of Francis Coppola); but at night before fall asleep, I prefer to listen to an instrumental music, which is more relaxing or inspiring my brain.

Believe me, close your eyes, taste the rhythm of the violin, and tell me what do you see in your mind? Interesting huh? For me, I saw an open meadow grass blowing in the wind. The grasses were waving rhythmically layer by layer and I was just sitting in the middle of that blowing grass, felt the wind on my skin and charmed. Hmm my imagination doesn’t really match with the message of the opera's song, I should feel tormented and pinning, but I don't, hahahaha whatever.

Honestly I don’t really know if this song (as in the opera) is about falling in love, but separated and broken heart. I though it is about loving your father. Well, get hurt because of falling in love is humane and universal, so it’s okay to enjoy it sometimes. Check this out:

O mio babbino caro (Oh my dear father)

mi piace, è bello bello (I like him, he is very handsome)
vo’andare in Porta Rossa (I want to go to Porta Rossa)
a comperar l’anello! (to buy the ring!)
Si, si, ci voglio andare! (Yes, yes, I want to go there!)
E se l’amassi indarno (And if my love were in vain)
andrei sul Ponte Vecchio (I would go to Ponte Vecchio)
ma per buttarmi in Arno! (and throw myself in the Arno!)
Mi struggo e mi tormento (I am pining and I am tormented)
O Dio! Vorrei morir! (Oh God! I would want to die!)
Babbo, pietà, pietà! (Daddy, have mercy, have mercy!)
Babbo, pietà, pietà! (Daddy, have mercy, have mercy!)


Hmm I'm now ready to fall asleep, 
wanna go to my blowing meadow grass .....

Good night my dear friend

No comments:

Post a Comment