Leaf is my identity, looks fragile, simple, but necessary, and it's green as it's alive, only lonely, as it's alone in the jungle of life.
Yes, the existence of leaf is not limited merely by space and time, but simply comes and goes following the cycle of life.

That's how the stories here are narrated, as it was witnessed by the lonely green leaf.

Just remember, life is not really alive when you cannot use and express your own imagination freely.
But if that's happen, just read the leaf imagination narrated here, and dream of it.

Friday, September 21, 2012

Snacking 'Wasabi Green Pea'

It’s too boring to wait the computer finishing the work. Though, ideally that will be good time for drafting. But sometimes (or most of the time), you are in situation when you cannot write down any sentence, not even a single word. Just blank and don’t know what to do; and that was me, that evening.

It’s okay (sign of pain, see Wicked Game), I'll always swallow it, coz doing science (and trying to be a scientist) is (still) great and (damn) good. I like this (the sign that scientist is still human being)":

Scientists are people of very dissimilar temperaments doing different things in very different ways. Among scientists are collectors, classifiers and compulsive tidiers-up; many are detective by temperament and many are explorers; some are artists and others artisans. There are poet-scientists and philosopher-scientists and even few mystics (Peter B Medawar, The Art of the Soluble, 1967).

Funny huh? Anyway, when I am too bored to do anything (but my brain needs to keep on thinking), I (sometimes) check the PhD comics for distraction. Laughing at myself and trying to see the pain in different perspectives. Well, don't blame me and don't think that I'm weird, I'm sure if you are standing in my shoes, you will agree. Okay, here are some PhD comics that I like the most (check your own favorites later).

This is absolutely correct; I used to celebrate the holiday that way (though I used to have parking decal). Of course, that when I was still at South Dakota and drove my car to go to campus everyday. That time, I don't like undergrads: they are too many and filled the parking lot with their nice cars (away better compared to mine as grad-student). Parking competition would get worse on winter, as piles of snow can be my competitors too (beside the undergrads). Now, I don’t feel that way anymore, coz I just live across the street, and have the same parking spot (for both office/campus and apartment), hahahaha.



Above comic is also my favorite. I started this habit after done with all mandatory classes and focused on research. I though I'm the only one who has this 'insomnia' problem, so when I found this cartoon, I felt so much better.

But look, here is the best comic ever (at least for me). This is how I looked myself when my professor told me that he will move to other university across the country. He said it in much better way, but what I’ve heard was just similar to this cartoon, hahaha.



So, who said doing science in academia is fun? Coldplay reminds ……

“Nobody said it was easy
No one ever said it would be this hard”


Though for me, it's kind of snacking 'Wasabi green pea', suffer, but can't quit till get it done!!

No comments:

Post a Comment